Welcome Everybody!

Welcome to the Creative Critterz Imaginations Blog! This is the place to find inspiration and education on the Cricut Imagine. The Cricut Imagine combines Provo Craft's die-cutting technology with Hewlet Packard's printing technology to create a truly exceptional tool for your creative expression. Whether you are brand new to the Cricut Imagine...or, are already an advanced user...the Creative Critterz Imaginations blog is here to help and inspire you to get more crafting enjoyment from your machine. If you have any questions about us or the Cricut Imagine, please contact us at ccimagination-blog@yahoo.com

Friday, June 1, 2012

Graduation Card

With graduation quickly approaching I thought I would do a graduation card.  I'm in a stamp club and this year started making cards based on a theme for each month of our club.  This past month is was either wedding or graduation.  We are to make 8 cards and we swap at club.  We get a nice variety of cards this way.



This card is just plain cardstock (RGB codes), no pattern paper.  I used my cuttle bug to create the pattern on my paper.

The background with the "Congratulations" was printed on my Imagine.  I created a 4x5.25 mat and added text using the text box feature.   I placed it where I wanted in the box and then grouped them together.  This makes it easier to cut and paste.  I made 4 copies on my virtual mat.   Since the background I was using was white, I placed a large rectangle behind all my 4 mats and filled it with black so they don't get "lost" on the white paper I printed them on.  I'll have the outline to follow.




I ran the backgrounds through my Spots n Dots cuttlebug folder and inked the edges in vintage photo distress ink.

The owl and branch are both from Create a Critter.  The graduation hat is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I fiddled around with the sizes of the owl and hat to they fit each other.  Then it's just a matter of print and cut.

I also used an embossing folder with wood grain (I think it is a Tim Holtz) on the branch and the D'vine Swirl folder for the leaves.  I also edged the leaves in Peeled Paint distress ink.

On the tassle I used a Stampin Up marker to give a little accent.  It just needed something.

I used dimentionals for the owl and cap and there you have it.  It's really simple but it did take time running everything through the cuttlebug and gluing the pieces together and inking the edges.  But he is really cute!

Kris @ Tattered Primitives

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the owl!

Creative Cutter Room said...

LOVE IT! What a great graduation card and thanks for sharing the technique of making multiples-I will definitely give this one a try since I have about a dozen graduations to attend this year! TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Post a Comment