Welcome Everybody!

Welcome to the Creative Critterz Imaginations Blog! This is the place to find inspiration and education on the Cricut Imagine. The Cricut Imagine combines Provo Craft's die-cutting technology with Hewlet Packard's printing technology to create a truly exceptional tool for your creative expression. Whether you are brand new to the Cricut Imagine...or, are already an advanced user...the Creative Critterz Imaginations blog is here to help and inspire you to get more crafting enjoyment from your machine. If you have any questions about us or the Cricut Imagine, please contact us at ccimagination-blog@yahoo.com

Friday, February 24, 2012

Advertise it! Kiss Me I'm Irish Pin!

Hi, Kris here again with a St. Patty's Day pin project.  For today's project I used the new digital St. Patricks Day image set available under Craft Room Exclusives on cricut.com/shop.



Size the pin to your liking and color accordingly.  For the banner I used a pattern from the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge.

The pin itself is colored and cut as one image.  This video will guide you through how to layer an image with all it's pieces and cut as one piece.  It works great for those tiny pieces like you get in the Disney cartridges.

The video demonstrates the Goofy character but applies to any layered image.




The shamrock is glittered.  I used Stampin Up heat n stick to apply the glitter.  It keeps the glitter from coming off once set.  This stuff is WONDERFUL!  Glitter is Martha Stewart and has green and gold in it.

I cut an oval from craft room basics and sized it approximately the same as the image.  It is cut from cereal box and used for stability of the pin.

I added a pin back to the image with liquid adhesive.


Thanks for joining me today.

Kris

6 comments:

Darlene said...

hmm.. what great timing. I was wondering about this exact thing this week - coloring and layering images to print as one. Where did you find the weld, not weld option? When you added those pieces to the mat, did you add them to the same layer? I usually add them to a new layer, maybe that is why I am not being prompted to weld vs not weld. I dont really understand the whole layer stuff. please help!

TheIrishScrapper said...

This is a great video! Thanks for sharing. I have not tried this method but do have a Disney cart that I would like to try it with. Hopefully I can duplicate based off of your video.

Yvonne said...

Great idea with the pin. Your video is great.

Merilee Lane said...

This is really a cool project--I can't wait to try this myself!

Thanks for sharing!
Merilee

Heather R... mousemomma said...

I want to do this sooo bad! I have tried it and my imagine cuts the printed image off to the left, leaving about 1/4" of white paper, and cutting off about 1/4" of the printed image on the right side. It also prints a horribly thick, unrelated color border around the image. I have calibrated my imagine several times and it doesn't help. I can print and cut the traditional way with no problem. I have tried using the same layer and different layers. Nothing works like yours does. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Kerry~Momma K said...

Nice pin. Thanks for the link to the video it was very helpful.
Kerry
mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Post a Comment